FISH CAKES 8KG
Call for Price
Traditionally, fish cakes were made to use up leftover fish and potatoes but today, they’re a delicious meal in their own right. They’re incredibly versatile, using cod, haddock, kingklip or hake as the main ingredient, with more modern recipes adding smoked salmon and vegetables to the delicious mix of ingredients.
- 500 g Whiting steaks
- 3 medium Potatoes, boiled and mashed
- 2 Leeks, finely chopped
- 1 clove Garlic, minced
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) Chopped fresh parsley
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) Cajun spice
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) Lemon pepper spice
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) Grated lemon zest
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) Lemon juice
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) Sweet chilli sauce
- 2 Eggs, whisked
- Dry breadcrumbs
- Vegetable oil for frying
- Poach the fish fillets until cooked. Remove from the heat, drain and flake the fish. Combine with the mashed potatoes, spring onions, garlic, parsley, spices and lemon zest.
- Shape into round balls and flatten slightly.
- Dip each fish cake in the beaten egg and then coat with the breadcrumbs.
- Heat the oil in a frying pan and fry the fish cakes in a pan until golden brown on both sides. Alternatively lightly brush the fish cakes with oil on both sides and bake in a preheated oven at 200°C for 8 minutes on each side.